Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Prague


We went to Prague for a week in August. Mariah's mom and brother were both in town so we spent some quality family time in the Old Town Bars. Prague is definately a must see, for all the guys out there the "local scenery" can not be matched.




I had the unfortunate joy of working through most of the trip due to a big contract negotiation. I managed to spend more money on my hotel phone bill then I did for the 10 day room charge. This gave Mariah and family plenty of time to tour the city and enjoy some bonding time.



The sweetest thing we saw while there was a Bone Church outside of the city. The story goes that during the Crusades some guy brought dirt from the holy land back with him. He placed this dirt in the local cemetary, which naturally caused every Tom, Dick, and Harry to want to be burried there. After time the bones started to pile up, which naturally led a creative church owner to create artwork with the excess bones. The artwork is meant to represent the assention of man to heaven. Plain old creepy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see a new post! I was starting to wonder about you guys.
Happy Holidays