Friday, April 20, 2007

Weekend in Athens


I had another business trip to Barcelona. Rather then taking another trip to Spain we decided to use the layover to our advantage and spend an extra long weekend in Athens. (Pictured above is my co-worker Jen, who was on the same business trip to Barcelona, and her husband Shaun) We had beatiful weather, great food (including lots of pork), and some stunning architecture to admire. We loved our trip so much that we decided to go back in October and sail the Greek Isles.

One afternoon we took a sightseeing trip to the major island (Aegina) outside of Athens. We rented some scooters and cruised the island enjoying the scenery. In typical Connor fashion Steve managed to crash on the way down a beautiful hillside. Until that point we had managed to really enjoy the fresh air and ambiance. We managed to hit a patch of gravel on a hairpin turn, luckily Steve broke our fall (both mine and the scooters) and he managed to get a couple of new souvenirs on his knees and elbows.

All in all it was a great trip.
See more pictures at . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve -

I'm guessing you were drunk at the time of your scooter accident. Did you have to get stitches?

Much luv

Anonymous said...

You guys are living the life! I loved Greece and I am dying to travel Europe again. Rob and I are planning on our 10 year anniversary. Looks like you two are having a great time. I love the posts!
Take care!

Tim and Carolyn said...

Get a haircut Hippie!!