Saturday, June 16, 2007

Fish

So I finally figured out how to fish in Qatar. After talking to all kinds of "experts" I finally figured out the right formula: put a hook on the line, troll at 6 knots, and make sure you have a full cooler of beer. The correct recipe is to not pay attention, I find that usually draws them in. We have now hooked into Queen Fish, Hammour (local name for grouper), and barracuda. The problem now is that it is really getting too hot to keep the beer cold, I am going to have to figure something else out.







Here's the first Hammour (aka Brown Spotted Grouper) that's been caught. Hammour is the favorite fish here in all the restaurants. Our friend David has been fishing many times before but never actually caught a fish until this day (he's from the UK so we think that must be the reason).

No comments: