March has been an amazingly busy travel month. Steve was in London the first week, I went to Bangkok the second week, then we both went to Florida the third week. So I'll start with Bangkok . . .
I had a 1 week conference in Bangkok and was able to arrive a few days early since I've never been to this amazing city. I spent the first 2 days touring the palaces and temples, exploring the various street markets and enjoying the extremely friendly people.
The Thai culture is very rich and they love color. It's almost overwheleming how bright and colorful all the palaces, temples, and government buildings are. If a building isn't covered in bright glass then it's covered in leafs of gold.
The Thai people are also very open about there religion and let tourists come in to all the temples and loiter while the munks and people are praying.
This is the largest budha in the world it's about 2 stories tall and probably 50 yards long and made out of gold.
If you want to see more pictures the rest are on shutterfly.
1 comment:
That looks like it was an amazing visit. Your pictures are beautiful.
Post a Comment