So I had another business trip to NY/NJ to work on the final preparation for my upcoming major project. We are hopefully days away from being awarded a very exciting design project....more on that when I win.Lucky for me we timed the meetings to coincide with Chris Fischer's wedding which was in upstate NY. So after a couple days of very productive meetings I hopped in the car and took a NY Country drive. The weather was fantastic and all of the trees were changing color which was great (we don't get a lot of color other than brown in Doha). Mariah couldn't make it as she was on a business trip to London (previous post).

The weekend started with a round of golf, cigars (fresh Cubans via Doha), and beers. Fun times! The wedding itself was a great event (http://weddings.theknot.com/pwp/view/co_main.aspx?coupleid=4744184025649752). Chris really found someone special in Sharon, I couldn't be happier for him.
I had the chance to catch up with old friends that I hadn't seen in years. The Beta Five were all there: Zach, Jay, Eric, Chris, and myself. It had been a long time and definitely made me nostalgic for old times. To my amazement both Zach and Jay have little daughters now and both have another one on the way. In addition I was able to catch up with Matt and Becca, Chip, and Koch. Good times all around.

2 comments:
Wow, what a blast from the past! How nice to see all of your buds. Thank goodness for weddings huh?
So I thought this was Mariah writing about her trip to NY/NJ and I wondered 1) what Exxon was doing in NY/NJ and 2) when Mariah started smoking cigars. Duh. Hi Steve!
Post a Comment