Monday, December 15, 2008

Eid Mubarak




We decided to stay home for Eid holiday this year which meant I had a full week to come up with honey-do's for Steve. #1 on the list was finishing the baby room. Here's what happens when you have 7 days to finish painting. Each letter and number was traced from a foam cut out and then painted. We learned the hard way that the light colors (yellow especially) take several coats of paint. But we can now say the room is done...now all we need is the baby :-)
Next project was Christmas decorating since we're spending it here. We got the outside decorated in lights and I actually found a real Christmas tree at Carrefoure (our sub-standard substitute for Wal-Mart). I guess this is the reason to lug your Christmas decorations all over the world.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the baby's room looks great! how are you feeling over there?

Sarah G said...

I love the Christmas decorations, including the cat on the tree skirt!! And the baby room is adorable!! When is that little tax deduction going to get here, anyway ;) Hope all is well!!!

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed by your motivation to get up decorations. I guess a little touch of home makes being so far a little easier? Love the pictures of the baby room.
Take care!