Friday, September 18, 2009

Brussels

I had my first business trip since going back to work and was lucky enough for it to be in Brussels. It meant spending 2 days away from Jaydon which was tough but the beautiful weather, greenery and good food helped the time pass by.
The offices are on the outskirts of Brussels so I was only able to go into town one evening before I left to meet Steve and Jaydon in Vienna (next post coming soon). I spent the evening walking around town. Enjoying the sights of an old city and buying a little box of chocolates at every chocolate store I came across.
After about 100 Euros of chocolate purchasing I decided that the chocolate from one shop must be similar enough to the other shops so I stopped and had some dinner on a chocolate laden belly.

But what's a trip to Belgium without the waffles. So after dinner I had a waffle topped with chocolate ice cream. The waffle was amazing and the ice cream pretty good too. It was definitely a good way to start off a vacation (that's the Vienna part). These were the only pictures that were worth posting from Brussels. Doesn't do it much justice...next time maybe I'll just photograph the chocolate and waffles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

chocolate and waffles. is that heaven? cant wait for the austria pictures. love, mom