Sunday, December 06, 2009

Florida - Beaches and Fun

Jaydon and I spent a couple of weeks in Florida enjoying the nice weather - at least for the first part of the trip. Before things got cold we had a chance to drive down to Naples to visit Jaydon's Great Grandpa Forte and was able to get a 4 generation photo, each generation almost exactly 30 years apart. We also got a chance to go and visit the beautiful Naples beach and Jaydon loved it. He had fun sitting in the sand (and yes eating it too) but his favorite part was the water...waves and all. Every time I lead him back to shore he turned around and headed right back into the water. The ocean here was much rougher than anything he'd experienced before but he happily waded in to over his chest and got splashed and beat around by the waves. I wasn't prepared for Jaydon to enjoy the water so much so the next time we went to the beach I made sure to bring a swimsuit along. But by then the colder weather had rolled in and the water was much too rough to play it. Even the birds preferred to stay on shore rather than float in the water that day but it gave my dad a chance to try a few artistic bird shots. While back in Ft.Myers we did capitalize on a beautiful day by going out on my Uncle Deacon and Aunt Monty's boat. Jaydon was not a very big fan of the life jacket - it didn't really fit very well so I just opted to keep him in the Bjorn. Jimmy the dog came along for the fun and Jaydon also has enough teeth to share an apple with me. While in Florida Jaydon definitely lived up to being an Aquarius - he loves the water no matter what the circumstances.

No comments: