Sunday, November 07, 2010

Some big news from Doha

Now you're probably expecting this to be a post about how Doha won the bid for the 2022 FIFA worldcup soccer tournament. While I admit that it's pretty big news around here (and hopefully now we don't have to explain to people where Doha is anymore) we have some different news to share with everyone...



Yep, Jaydon is going to be a big brother! When this ultrasound was taken (on Nov 7 i.e. the date of this post) the due date was set to June 1, 2011. However, I'm so far behind on blog postings that I've been back to the doc already and the little guy is tracking over 5 days larger than a baby due on June 1st so they've changed the official due date to May 25, 2011. Oh yeah, and he's a boy so he will spend his life wearing is older brother's hand-me-downs (which is fine with me because Jaydon has some pretty cute stuff - and a whole lot of it too!)

Answers to a few the many questions, yes we plan to stay here for the birth and no we haven't figured out any of our travel plans for next year yet. I will do the same routine as with Jaydon and take ~4 months off before heading back to work. No morning sickness, though I didn't have any with Jaydon either, just tired and Steve would probably say extra moody :)

6 comments:

Ray-Babies said...

Wooo hoo!!!!!!!!!!! Yay for new May babies! Congratulations!!! I was thinking either this or you were moving home in May. So this is pretty exciting too ;)

Lucky you feel good. I am jealous!

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Contests to you guys! Wonderful news!

Laura S said...

Congrats, Mariah! So happy for you!

Ania said...

Congratulations!!! So excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

Tanya

Anonymous said...

Oh, the things that await you! Congrats, good luck and look forward to all of the future posts!!! :)
The Aikmans