Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Settling in...
After a few days at home we were all settling in to a routine - most of which involved napping at all opportunities.
Tylor is a much better sleeper then Jaydon was but then again we are also experienced “Happiest Baby on the Block” practitioners and used the swaddling, shssing, swinging and other S’s to their fullest extent.
With Jaydon we lived by the “itzbeen” – a simple timer that helps you know when you’ve last fed, changed, napped, etc the baby. This time we had a harder time remembering to use it then just remembering if it was time to feed, change etc.
We also discovered that my wedding ring had definitely not made it back from the hospital with us.
Steve swears he put it in a safe place (at 2ish in the morning after Tylor was born) but couldn’t remember where that was, after searching all the luggage, pockets of clothing and checking with the hospital it’s officially gone.
Now it’s the going joke in the house – “Have you seen my keys? Yep – right next to your wedding ring…” (meaning I have no idea where you keys are). Tylor also had his first doctors appt, fortunately my milk came in the first evening at home so he was already back to his birth weight and doing fine.
I did however have one small incident with nail cutting. I’m the only one who cuts Jaydon’s nails and have NEVER cut them too short or made them bleed so hardly thought twice when doing it for Tylor.
Well newborn fingers are so much more delicate and I didn’t take the care I should have and slightly nipped some of his skin. It didn’t even bleed but became very infected (swelling up to the 2nd knuckle).
It took 2 weeks to heal and only after getting some antibiotic cream and having to open the little wound every few days to drain the green puss out - yuk. So I’m much more careful now.
Jaydon is also settling in to being a big brother. He got all kinds of new presents and enjoyed some story time with Dad and Tylor.
He also did what he could to help his Dad stay caught up at work :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
All of Olivia baby pics are of her in cute outfits, this time around, Eliza is only sporting a swaddle blanket. We got started really early on Happiest Baby on the Block this go 'round too.
I also lived by the Itzbeen and have now ditched it. Too hard to keep up with this time!
Poor baby fingers :(
Post a Comment