Monday, September 26, 2011

Green Beans

Let me just start by saying that I love this picture. 
It captures Tylor’s personality so well – he loves to just take it all in.  The doc gave us the ok to start on baby food so that night at dinner we were eating some good green beans (which are hard to come by here) and Steve handed one to Tylor. 
Tylor spends most nights at dinner sitting in his chair watching us eat so he was super excited to join in on the fun. 
He gnawed on those greens beans the whole dinner and looked like he was thoroughly enjoying himself. 
Tylor is a once a week pooper so because of that the doc said to start with veggies and fruit first and cereals last – which is the exact opposite of what we did with Jaydon but I think there as many opinions on this as there are fruits and veggies to try.  So with Tylor eating green beans whole I took this as a sign to go ahead and start the eating adventure; went back to the store the next day to get more of the good beans before they were gone and started up the blender. 
Tylor was totally into eating and actually cried when we stopped feeding him (Samina is doing the feeding while I'm taking the pictures). 
It took a few days before we could stop feeding him without him getting completely upset that the food was gone.
I also bought a new freezer knowing that we were getting into baby food making time.  Between the frozen breast milk, our stash of smuggled pork and Tylor’s first few veggies it’s already full – guess I should bought the bigger size – oops.

No comments: