My Grandfather, who will be 95 in March, had some fairly serious surgery and needed some support during the recovery period. The company has some very good policies regarding trips home for illness in the family so I took them up on the offer and flew to Florida for a week to help out Squeak. It was tough leaving the boys behind but I must say it was one of the most enjoyable 16 hour flights I've had. I got on the plan with 2 magazines and that's it - no carry-on full of toys, food, clothes, diapers etc. etc. I caught up on all kinds of movies that I had missed out on lately and arrived to Florida just as a huge storm was finished passing through (so it was beautiful and sunny the whole time I was there). I got to spend the week hanging out with Grandpa and Grandma Squeak and seeing lots of family members I hadn't seen in a long time. When I arrived Grandpa wasn't able to get out of bed and by the time I left he had made so much progress that he could lift himself out of bed and settle into his wheelchair mostly unassisted. He and Squeak had a really great attitude about the whole situation and the trip ended up being very relaxing and productive for me. I got to go Anne Taylor, Target and Bed Bath and Beyond kid free and to fill up the empty duffel bag I brought along just for that reason.
And, a little over a week after I left Grandpa had made so much progress that he was up, getting fully dressed and even venturing down to the gym for some exercise. At this rate he'll be back on the golf course in no time. Get well soon Grandpa, we love you!
And, a little over a week after I left Grandpa had made so much progress that he was up, getting fully dressed and even venturing down to the gym for some exercise. At this rate he'll be back on the golf course in no time. Get well soon Grandpa, we love you!
1 comment:
Not sure what I would do with myself with that much alone time! So glad he is doing better!
Post a Comment