Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tylor's 1st Day of School


It's finally here, Tylor's 1st day of school. 
He woke up a little later than normal (but don't worry Jaydon was up at 5:45), he ate up his cearal, eggs and some blueberries. 
Got all dressed and when I said it was time to go he started to prepare himself for the fit he usually throws when he gets left behind in the morning. 
This time though, to his surprise, he got to go in the car too.  We left the house fairly early and both boys were happy as could be while sitting in traffic.  We got to school and brought Jaydon to his class and said good-bye.  Tylor was a bit overwhelemd by all the teachers who know Jaydon so well coming up to him to say hi. 
I brought him to his classroom and he was a little hesitant but as soon as they dumped a tub full of cars in front of him he was happy.  I figured I'd use that oppurtunity and say good-bye.  He hardley noticed when I left - too busy with the toys.  About 1 hr later the school called saying that he was ok but was crying on and off.  I headed back over after 2 hours to bring him home.  I walked into the classroom, he took one look at me and started balling.  I got him calmed down, had him show me a few toys then told him it was time to say bye-bye to the teachers - he went to instant tears.  Now since school just started there are lot of other kids brand new to school in his class and everytime he started to cry about 5 others would join in.
I decided it was time to leave the poor teachers with the other crying kids and get Tylor home.  On the way out the receptionist said bye-bye and again Tylor went staright to tears. 

I brought him home, got him settled but he was rubbing his eyes and so tired I suggested to Samina that she should put him down for a nap.  He instantly realized what was going on and latched on to me not willing to let go.  I finally pried him off and handed him over to Samina and left the poor little guy in full hesterics while I headed back to work.  It was a tough day for him but I think he'll get used to it quickly.
He acclimated quickly, But between getting sick and the various weekends it took almost 3 weeks until he was fully comfortable with going to school.
And now he loves it!

No comments: