Monday, December 11, 2006

Thanksgiving In Doha

Well we had ourselves a Proper Thanksgiving dinner in Doha. We had a big event with about 16 people. I fired up the spit and rotisserie a 14lb bird on it. Let me tell you, grilling with Butane instead of propane is not easy. For those that don't know Butane burns considerably hotter than propane, something that I am sure Mariah could show in a chart or chemical breakdown or something. All I know is it is hot. The grill regularly goes from 350 to 550 in a matter of seconds if the wind happens to shift. In true Connor form after 5 hours of painstaking cooking, my picture perfect bird went from stunning to flambé in the last five minutes. We had a fire ball at least 15 feet high scorching the back of the house. After putting out the flames and pealing off the charcoal skin I was happy to find that the meat was still perfect. I had several comments that it was the best turkey ever, and I will ignore anyone who claims that those were sympathy votes.

We did have a good time none the less. Mariah pointed out that this was a typical Thanksgiving as after dinner all the women where in the kitchen, and all the men were watching the football game (UT vs. Aggies).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am an idiot and sent you guys a Christmas card to your Tomball address. I am sure I will be seeing it back before too long.
Well Happy Holidays! Looks like you both have a good group of friends out there.
Take care!