So Mariah had a business trip to Dubai recently followed by a conference in Abu Dhabi. I took a flight over the weekend to join her and make sure that she wasn't spending too much money X-Mas shopping. We had a good time hanging out at the bars with some of Mariah's colleagues.
I did find it most intriguing that in a Muslim country, which most Westerners consider to be back woods and in-tolerant, we found more Christmas decorations than you would find in the US. I really got a kick out of the recent fuss in Seattle regarding X-Mas tress at the airport (http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_120906WABxmastreesEL.11b0d0cc.html). We see huge Christmas displays in all of the malls in the Middle East, yet people are constantly sued for such displays in the US. Really makes you think.
I did find it most intriguing that in a Muslim country, which most Westerners consider to be back woods and in-tolerant, we found more Christmas decorations than you would find in the US. I really got a kick out of the recent fuss in Seattle regarding X-Mas tress at the airport (http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_120906WABxmastreesEL.11b0d0cc.html). We see huge Christmas displays in all of the malls in the Middle East, yet people are constantly sued for such displays in the US. Really makes you think.
3 comments:
nice School of Mines shirt....don't you have a URS one you could bum around in?
Much luv
Merry Christmas! You are missing a white Christmas here in CO. but maybe all that sand counts?
Kathryn & Chris
Did you guys make sandmen instead of snowmen and sand angels instead of snow angels?
Remember: Don't eat the yellow sand!!
Post a Comment