Saturday, August 30, 2008

ITS A BOY!!!

And Dad is excited.

So, we just had our 2nd trimester ultrasound. The Doctor and I had a nice long chat about how they determine the sex. She claims it is very easy: "you see there? Those are the legs, and guess what is in between?" I smiled and then made her show it to me again about 5 times from different angles just to be sure. The doctor was very amused by this, and after I asked for the 6th time "are you sure it is a boy" (not wanting to loose anything in translation of course), she told us that in her professional opinion she is a 1,000% sure. Take a look at the photo below and be your own judge.


The little guy was very active during the ultrasound today. The doctor especially enjoyed the little bit where he was covering his eyes and appeared to be sucking on his hand. As much as he was moving it made me wonder how annoying it must be to be pummelled with high frequency sound waves just so mom and dad can take a sneak peak.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're going to love boys! They're really really fun! Congratulations on the pregnancy, I can't wait to see baby pictures :)

Anonymous said...

congrats on the boy news! They are super fun and keep you on your toes!!! I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Sarah G said...

ooh, fun! Get out the beta chicken!!!

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Wow good stuff! Congratulations