Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Boy's On The Loose

So while Mariah went on a little shopping spree in the US, I took a couple of quick weekend trips with my buddy Larry. Larry has spent the last 7 months traveling the world, blowing off steam. He was wrapping up his trip here in the Middle East before heading back to Houston. Bad news for Larry was that he showed up during Ramadan. Good news for Larry is you can still buy drinks in Dubai during Ramadan, and I had more than enough frequent flyer miles to get us there.





First stop Mall of The Emirates and the worlds only indoor ski slope. I thought that this would be corny, but it was actually a good time. An hour of indoor runs for 30 buck, no line, all equipment provided. It was actually cold (around 25 deg.).




Next day we took a taxi tour of Dubai construction. I am always amazed at the shear volume, you can't look in any direction without counting at least 20 tower cranes. Here is a photo that we took looking at the Burj Dubai, the worlds tallest building at 2,684 feet.




No comments: