Thursday, February 03, 2011

Birthday Dinner

Jaydon's actual birthday was on a Thursday and since I was doing this party on my own I decided to take the day off to get ready. What this meant is I made way too much food but used the opportunity to invite a few of Jaydon's buddies to dinner at one of his favorite restaurants Bennigans. We got a large family size table but weren't able to seat in the kids area because apparently 5:00 on Thursday night at Bennigan's is popular with families. Three families were able to join us, a few are still a little young to eat restaurant food but Jaydon made up for them by eating 2 hotdogs (just the meat, skip the buns). Jacob brought along his uncle who was in town for the weekend. Heidi enjoyed munching down her baby food in the new place full of distractions. Abby and her little brother Nat also joined us but I never got a good pic of the 2 together. Jaydon loved the 'Happy Birthday from the sky", and was very good about sharing his ice cream with all (and had no interest in the brownie so I had to make sure it didn't go to waste). The highlight was definitely after dinner when all the kids went to the huge play area. It's about as big as the restaurant it's self and full of neat playthings. The kids had a great time and got a good nights sleep before the big day.

No comments: