Friday, March 02, 2012

Doggy

Jaydon's favorite toy is his doggy.  He's had it since he was born and this little guy has been everywhere!  There was one trip to Jordan when Jaydon was 1.5 that we forgot him at home (so luckily he was waiting for us when we got back).  After that trip I decided to find a back-up one just in case anything happened.  Most baby books you read actually recommend doing this - buy 2 of the favorite toy or even cut a favorite blanket in half just in case.  Also makes it easier when it needs to be washed and saves undue stress and heartache if the special toy is lost.  Well turns out doggy is a special edition limited offer Carter toy - who knew.  Replacement doggies run about $40 before shaping.  So I decided to give up.  Well when Jaydon headed of to Houston I found the one thought that made me feel better was knowing that Jaydon had his doggy and that that little guy could help him get through anything.  I realized doggy had become as much Jaydon's security blanket as mine.  So I decided to finally get a replacement one on e-bay (slightly used) for $30. 
He arrived here in great condition and made me realize just how worn out poor old doggy was.  He looked so fresh and different I was worried Jaydon would notice.  But no worries, one comment about how great the washing machine worked to clean him up and make him fluffy again and Jaydon was sold.  He even commented for the next couple days about how soft doggy was. 
The old one is on a much needed retirement in our bureau - waiting for that unfortunate time when his twin may go missing. 
Oh yeah, and I did learn from this.  When grandma picked out Tylor's Monkey toy I was sure that she bought 2 this time.

No comments: