Thursday, June 13, 2013

Another accident

So while I was in London I had my car in the shop getting a full service done including re-doing the brakes, replacing the battery, reworking the A/C etc. After 5000QR worth of work it was as good as new...just in time for karma to remind me that cars are never good as new in Doha. I had a meeting at different office on Thursday morning so rather then turning left at the last r/a on my way to work I went straight (fortunately this was after I had dropped the kids off already). The stop light was completely backed up so I stopped expecting that it might take 3-4 cycles to get through it. Well the lady behind me was completely caught off guard (and on her cell phone), and came flying through the r/a and had no idea that traffic was stopped. She slammed into me, broke the rear window and crunched the back of my car.


She hit me so hard that I was pushed into the little pick-up truck in front of me.


So the whole front was also damaged.


I was pretty shaken up afterwards, went to visit the company doctor but everything was fine. I took some Advil that night before bed and woke up the next morning with just a few tweaks in my neck and arm/shoulder where the seatbelt was. Now the fun begins of trying to get it repaired and drivable again. Fortunately one of our neighbors has and extra car on hand right now so transportation isn't an issue. After my mom, sister and brother heard about the accident they sent over a nice edible bouquet.


Tylor was excited about it as soon as the delivery van arrived.


He loved the neat fruit arrangement and gorged himself on it.


Jaydon ate all the grapes and more strawberries then I thought possible.


Tylor also discovered there is something better than strawberries - chocolate cover strawberries!


He did a great job posing with his cheese face covered in chocolate.


And was happy to repeat it again the next night for the weekly skype call with grandma.

1 comment:

Ray-Babies said...

Glad you are okay. It is just a matter of time there :(