
They did lots of fun things at school.

For some reason they started waking up between 5 and 5:30 every morning but it ended up suiting Steve just fine because that way he could drop them off as soon as the nursery opened and be at work early.

When I realized I'd be in London for the week I tried to get tickets to the Book of Mormon Broadway show, it was completely sold out and I couldn't even get a ticket from the American Express Concierge Service or the black market at 4 x the ticket price. Since the show is so popular they have a lottery every night for 20 tickets, 2 hours before showtime.

As it turned out my hotel ended up being a little over a 10 minute walk to the theatre so every evening, as soon as my meetings were done I'd rush up to my room, change out of my suit and run up to get in the lottery. 3 days in a row i tried with no luck. The good part about it though was once I was out of the hotel and ready to see a show it doesn't make much sense to head back just because I didn't win the lottery so I'd head over to the nearest discounted theatre ticket booth and find a different show to see.

The first night I saw Billy Elliot which was a wonderful show and the actor playing Billy was absolutely amazing. The next night I saw Thriller which was 2 hours of Michael Jackson music. It was a lot of fun and made me realize how spectacular it would've been to see him live...guess I'll have to scratch that off the bucket list. The 3rd night I was pretty exhausted and it was raining so I headed back to the hotel to pack up. The last day in London I went to the airport after the conference was done (it took over 2 hours because the main highway was closed from a bus fire), took the red-eye home, landed at 6am so that I could be back in time for Disney on Ice.

I had purchased tickets for us and 2 other families for the 3:00 show.

It was pretty early in the afternoon so we decided to shift the whole day up by about 2 hours, had lunch at 10:30, naps around 11:30 and up at 1:30 ready to head out for the show (I certainly needed that nap after getting about 3 hrs of sleep on the plane that night).

The boys were super excited.

Jaydon got a little scared at the beginning after they explained what to do in the event of an emergency. The show started and fog/smoke filled the stage so he was sure the fire alarm was going to go off. Then a fake zamboni come out and 'exploded' to produce the genie and Jaydon was on my lap in tears saying he wanted to go home.

By about the time that 1 genie had turned into 20 he was having a good time again.

Tylor loved the show and was wide eyed the whole time.

He watched adamantly the except for maybe 10-15 minutes in the 2nd act.

We also got him a huge snow cone that kept him completely entertained while we waited for the show to start - he loves eating ice and this ice was flavored and in flashing rainbow light glass.

All the kids did a really great job during the show and had a great time together.

The show was done really well and a great time was had by all (and I slept very well that night).
No comments:
Post a Comment