Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Grandpa Connor

Steve’s father found an empty week in his otherwise very busy schedule and decided to hope on a plane and literally travel half way around the world (Doha and Fairbanks are 12 time zones apart) to meet his newest grandson. The sweltering weather and Jaydon’s chicken pox didn’t allow for us to do much. In his 10 day stay I think he left the compound only to visit the pediatrician and to find a new rug to add to his collection. He did spend lots of time snuggling with Tylor. He also introduced Jaydon to many of his fun gadgets like the i-pad. It has a feature where it will take the video feed and make it look like a thermal image – Jaydon thought it was great fun and spent many meals making faces and playing with ‘colorful’ Jaydon as he called it. Jaydon has also turned into a little comedian. When Tylor starts to get fussy I usually say, “time to swaddle Tylor” and Jaydon would usually respond with “don’t eat my babybrother!” The first few times he said this I assumed Jaydon was telling me not to feed Tylor since that was likely to be the next thing I did to calm Tylor down if swaddling didn’t immediately help. I finally realized that Jaydon thought I was saying swallow not swaddle so his response of ‘don’t eat my baby brother’ made so much more sense and was pretty funny too...

No comments: