Friday, July 15, 2011

Tylor's Documents

Tylor is finally a fully registered and documented citizen of the United States and now has his passport to prove it. We often get asked about Tylor’s citizenship since he was born in Qatar, well since both Steve and I are US citizens he is automatically a US citizen and we just have to fill out a few stacks of papers and coordinate a few meetings with the embassy to get all the documents in order. Tylor does not have Qatari citizenship, which is reserved for only the children of Qatari fathers (and a few sports professionals that the country wants on their team). Jaydon’s language skills have also advanced to the point where he can now say things, unknowingly of course, that can get us into trouble. The latest instance was in the grocery store. Jaydon piped up saying, “Mommy, that lady looks like a man.” Before my brain could process fully what he said I had already responded with a “what did you say” which of course meant that Jaydon repeated his statement, a little louder this time so I was sure to hear him. By this time I had realized what I’d done and been able to assess the man/lady of interest to Jaydon and decided that A – he was absolutely right (in the US you’d probably assume is was some weirdo putting on a skirt and earrings to get his shopping done but that stuff doesn’t happened here) and B – this was a good time to ignore Jaydon’s comment and become very engrossed in deciding whether to by the strip lions from the US, Australia or Brazil…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

took you a while to make the swaddle-swallow connection. took me a while to make the lion-loin connection.....lion loin i bet no one has ever tried it.....except hyenas...