Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lots of Firsts

Jaydon had a lot of ‘firsts’ during his trip to Grandma and Grandpa’s.  The reason I’m posting this picture isn’t because it’s an adorable naked toddler picture (I don’t even remember why he was running around naked that night) but because of the big bandage on his hand. 
Jaydon got his first wasp sting from sticking his hand up the drain pipe right after a wasp had flown in (Grandma tried to warn him but 2-year olds are not known for their listening skills).  I wasn’t there when it happened so he took the sting like a man and didn’t even cry (I’m still astounded by that).  We covered it up with a baking soda paste (hence the bandage to keep the paste on for awhile) and Jaydon did fine. 
He got really hyper and really hungry.  We scanned the internet and called up my brother who is in med school and was out to dinner with a bunch of med school buddies and they all decided that hyper was a good thing – his body was going into overdrive to deal with the venom.  The next morning he woke up with hardly a mark on his hand which was amazing since it had been pretty swollen right after he got the sting. 
He also loves throwing the ball for Jimmy but that night decided to throw it in the sprinklers which Jimmy wanted nothing to do with, so I told Jaydon that he had to go get the ball.  He did it and had his first run through the sprinklers – and they were COLD, it’s probably the coldest water Jaydon has ever been doused with.  (I made this picture big so you can see his expression)
He’s used to the water temp out of the hose being close to warm bath temp not mountain reservoir temp.  And speaking of cold water his other first was going fishing for the first time with his Uncle Mike.  Mike and his girlfriend Jen took Jaydon up to the Mesa for the afternoon.  
They didn’t get any fish to Jaydon’s disappointment but had a great time anyway. 
It was around 60 degrees up there and I think Jaydon got quite a chill, even when they got home he didn’t want to take his fleece off, took his afternoon nap it and wore it the entire evening (it was in the 90s back in Palisade so there was no reason for the fleece).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think jaydon naked had something to do with the "naked" Serbs hanging out on the porch every evening.