Based on the pictures and stories from our trip you probably
are wondering where’s Tylor…
he was there of course but it’s a tough gig being number 2 with a big brother like Jaydon who is an attention magnet. Tylor absolutely adores his big brother; one way to calm him down if he gets a little fussy is get Jaydon to talk to him.
He’s also become very in tuned with Jaydon which means if Jaydon cries Tylor immediately starts up too.
Tylor has had pretty bad reflux (excessive spitting-up) and the doctor prescribed Dopridrone right before we left for the trip. It worked like a charm but gave Tylor fairly bad stomach cramps.
I started to do research on the drug and discovered that it’s not for sale in the US (only used in Germany and France) and is in a family of drugs that have a reputation of having some fairly severe side effects.
My brother is currently in medical school so I got his opinion and he agreed that this drug was like using a sledge hammer to pound in a framing nail (or whatever that analogy is) – it gets the job done but… well anyway I decided to stop the medicine and try just changing what I ate. I noticed a definite link to tomatoes so stopped all citrus and acidic items. This helped but he was still waking up every 2-3 hours all night. I continued research and many women on-line said that removing dairy from their diet helped. Now I love cheese, ice cream, have yoghurt every morning for breakfast so no dairy was not going to be easy.
I waited until we got home (couldn’t skip the vanilla ice cream with all those fresh peach pies and cobblers) but once I did it all of sudden Tylor started waking up only 1-2 times per night. He still spits up a little but there’s no more full wardrobe change for either/both of us during the day so I think it’s been a success. I do have to say though that eating is VERY boring when you skip the dairy but I’ll trade it for sleep anytime.
he was there of course but it’s a tough gig being number 2 with a big brother like Jaydon who is an attention magnet. Tylor absolutely adores his big brother; one way to calm him down if he gets a little fussy is get Jaydon to talk to him.
He’s also become very in tuned with Jaydon which means if Jaydon cries Tylor immediately starts up too.
Tylor has had pretty bad reflux (excessive spitting-up) and the doctor prescribed Dopridrone right before we left for the trip. It worked like a charm but gave Tylor fairly bad stomach cramps.
I started to do research on the drug and discovered that it’s not for sale in the US (only used in Germany and France) and is in a family of drugs that have a reputation of having some fairly severe side effects.
My brother is currently in medical school so I got his opinion and he agreed that this drug was like using a sledge hammer to pound in a framing nail (or whatever that analogy is) – it gets the job done but… well anyway I decided to stop the medicine and try just changing what I ate. I noticed a definite link to tomatoes so stopped all citrus and acidic items. This helped but he was still waking up every 2-3 hours all night. I continued research and many women on-line said that removing dairy from their diet helped. Now I love cheese, ice cream, have yoghurt every morning for breakfast so no dairy was not going to be easy.
I waited until we got home (couldn’t skip the vanilla ice cream with all those fresh peach pies and cobblers) but once I did it all of sudden Tylor started waking up only 1-2 times per night. He still spits up a little but there’s no more full wardrobe change for either/both of us during the day so I think it’s been a success. I do have to say though that eating is VERY boring when you skip the dairy but I’ll trade it for sleep anytime.
No comments:
Post a Comment