Monday, January 07, 2013

Happy Birthday Steve

For Steve's birthday the boys got him a cake and helped blow out the candles.

Tylor thought the cake was super yummy and we had to be careful of saying any word that slightly resembled 'cake' around him, especially at meal time, because he would immediately stop eating and start demanding "more cake".

We also had the special treat of getting to see Natasha Bedingfield live and for free.

They always have concerts after the Doha Golf Open. We aren't big golf fans so didn't bother signing up for the tickets that are given out since my company sponsors the event. On thursday, I over heard one of my german colleagues asking one of my dutch colleagues if they've heard of this Natasha person. My ears perked right up, I went up to public affairs on got the last available ticket and later in the day learned that some of our friends had an extra ticket. The concert was outside, very informal, everyone just sat on the grass. There were only about 500 people there because there was no advertising for the concert so we all just stood around the stage. Natasha is an amazing singer, and a great performer especially considering all the technical issues the stage staff was having. We thoroughly enjoyed her show and are much bigger fans now than before we saw her live.

I also finally got the boys into the swimming program that I've been on the wait list on for about a year.

Jaydon is with the same instructor that I had coming to our pool on the side to give lessons but I thought it would be good to have him with other kids so he could have some peer learning.

Tylor loves swimming and is a gold medal back floater.

The teacher commented that she hadn't seen a kid his age be so comfortable in the water on his back.

But I think all that back floating got a little water in his ears.

He kept sticking his fingers in them over dinner. When he realized he got a laugh, of course, he just kept on doing it.

No comments: